Nurturing creativity and professional
careers within a supportive environment.
Careers at AMC
Located in the heart of Canberra, our open-plan studio is characterised by its professional, yet fun and informal culture. We take pride in cultivating the careers of design professionals within our practice. Our team-based, collaborative approach provides opportunities for team members to be engaged in all aspects of project delivery across a broad range of building typologies.
We are always keen to hear from creative and committed professionals interested in building their careers with us.
We are seeking a talented design-oriented Graduate of Architecture or Registered Architect with at least 5+ years experience to join our friendly team. Working closely with Company Directors you will play a key role in building a client brief, formulating design concepts from first principles, assisting with the preparation of 3D visualisation and presentations and supporting the documentation of a diverse range of architectural projects varying in scale and complexity. You will also have the opportunity to build your profile within the Canberra property sector. With a number of projects underway and a strong pipeline of future work and opportunities for progression within AMC, this is an exciting opportunity for a creative designer seeking to hone their skills and broaden their experience within a supportive and collaborative environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist the Project Director/Project Leader in the development of interior design concepts and the preparation of documentation packages
- Liaise effectively with key stakeholders throughout the delivery of projects including the client, subconsultants and building contractors
- Assist in the development and presentation of project deliverables.
Experience + Qualifications
- Master degree in Architecture
- Minimum 5+ years experience
- Strong capability for critical design thinking and creative problem-solving
- Excellent communication, presentation and time management skills
- Working knowledge of the NCC/BCA and Australian Standards
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to liaise effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Experience with Revit and/or BIM will be highly regarded
- Proficiency in the use of 3D visualisation software such as SketchUp, Enscape, Lumion and Twin Motion will be highly regarded
- Proficiency in the use of the Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator will be highly regarded
- Applicants must be Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- Salary packaging (including interstate relocation costs for the right candidate)
- Opportunities for career progression
- Flexible working options.